River Basin Disaster Resilience and Sustainability by All
- Integrated Flood Management in the Post COVID-19 Era
In spite of your hard work, we, ICFM9 Secretariats, would like to express deeply appreciation your participation at Tsukuba!
We are pleased to invite you to the 9th International Conference on Flood Management (ICFM9), held in Tsukuba, Japan, on February 18-22, 2023.
ICFM provides a unique opportunity for various experts and policymakers around the world to discuss and exchange ideas and experiences about a broad range of flood-related issues.
- The deadline of the application is January 20.
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT THOROUGHLY BEFORE COMING TO THE ICFM9 CONFERENCE. This document reminds you of particularly important information that has been explained in the ICFM9 Guide Booklet and also to provide you with additional information that is also important but not included in the booklet.
This guide booklet provides all participants with important information they need to know. Please read it thoroughly before coming to Tsukuba.
Also, note that there are several items for which you will be asked to fill out the forms indicated on the last page of this document as instructed by January 23.
- The program on the plenary sessions has been updated. (2023/2/13)
- The open to public sympojium will be held on February 19 13:30-15:30. (2023/2/3)
- The concept note of the High-level Symposium on “Integrated Flood Management in the post-COVID-19 era” is updated. (2023/1/25)
-Lunch Seminar "Introduction of Flood Prediction and Adaptation Research under Japan's National Climate Program (SENTAN Program)" will be held on February 20 (ICFM9 Day 2) 12:00-13:00 at Room 101. (2023/1/24)
- ICFM9 secretariat has sent each lead author the invitation letter with the final presentation schedule by email.
If you didn't receive the letter, please contact ICFM9 secretariat as soon as possible. (2023/1/18)
- IMPORTANT NOTICE-
UNESCO and ICHARM are currently finalizing a contract to provide financial support to those who will make a presentation at ICFM9.
The financial support program prioritizes young researchers from developing countries.
If you're interested, please refer the detail. (2022/12/22)
- ICFM9 secretariat is now confirming the presentation allocation for each candidate presenters.
If those who contacted the will of presentation to the secretariat don't receive email from ICFM9 Secretariat,
please contact ICFM9 secretariat as soon as possible. (2022/12/9)
- The deadline of the application has been extended until January 20. (2022/12/6)
- The deadline of the application by the early bird fee has been extended until December 20. (2022/12/6)
- ICFM9 is now accepting proposals for the technical booth exhibition by December 28. (2022/11/25)
Application form (EXCLE file)
- For applicants who need VISA to the ICFM9, "VISA Application" page has been created. (2022/11/21)
- The ICFM9 was certificated as a CPD (Continuing Professional Development) program by the JSCE (Japan Society of Civil Engineers).（19th Feb: 4.5Units, 20th Feb: 5.5Units, 21st Feb: 1.0Unit）(2022/11/2)
- Deadline for the Extended Abstract submission has been extended to November 15th, 2022. The submission channel will be activated at My Page on October 28. Early bird registration has also been extended to November 15th, 2022. We deeply apologize for the deley. (2022/10/26)
- Q&A Page has been created. (2022/10/14)
- Registration system has been activated. Please go to Registration Site and complete the registration by Dec 31, 2022 (Early bird fee is available until Oct 31, 2022). You can also register for side events such as Field Trip. (2022/10/3)
- The conference is now calling for proposals for Special Sessions to discuss cross-cutting, area-specific, or other uniquely themed issues. Please see Sessions page for detailed information. (2022/9/20)
- Instructions for the Extended Abstract has been updated in Extended Abstract page. Please note that all presenters (first authors) are required to submit a 6-page Extended Abstract by October 31. (2022/8/25)
- Abstract review has been completed. Please go to MyPage and click "Review" in the left panel to find your review result. Please note that the conference program, your session and presentation format will be announced separately. (2022/7/4)
- Abstract review has been completed. The result will be announced at the end of June. Thank you for your patience. (2022/6/20)
- Abstract Submission Closed. Thank you for your submission. (2022/4/27)
- Abstract Submission Due has been Extended to March 31, 2022 (2022/3/4)
- We are now accepting abstracts. Authors should submit their abstract (up to 1,000 characters) by March 31, 2022. February 28, 2022. Please go to Call for Abstracts for detailed instruction and abstract submission.
- The ICFM9 contributes to the Scientific Research and Innovation priority area of the 9th phase of the Intergovernmental Hydrological Programme (IHP, 2022-2029) “Science for a Water Secure World in a Changing Environment”.
- WATER Journal has committed the publication of special issue/s from selected papers from the conference.
- In collaboration with the International Association of Hydrological Sciences (IAHS), extended abstracts reviewed and endorsed by the International Science Committee (ISC) will be recommended to be published by the Proceedings of IAHS (PIAHS) after the ICFM9.
Abstract Submission Deadline: By March 31, 2022 February 28, 2022 (starts Nov.30, 2021)
Acceptance Notification: the end of June, 2022 May 31, 2022
Extended Abstract submission: By October 31, 2022
On-line Registration: Starts from Septermber, 2022 August 2022
On-line Registration (Early Bird): By December 1 20, 2022 October 31, 2022
On-line Registration: By December 31, 2022 January 20, 2023